Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oh you don't know me? I'm the Kings Son.

Or: I am Jesus' brother. Either way think about that. On the way to work the other day I had this thought: I am the son of a King. That thought came out of the process of running through the business of my day. As the weight of tasks began to pile up I visualized myself in this sort of derailed character in the local paper comic strip. Obviously I stopped that train with the realization that I really have nothing to worry about: I am the son of the King--chosen in the salvation to be the heir to a throne. After the smile curled up on my lips from that thought and the anxiety dissipated, I thought about all of the students that I would encounter that day while subbing. And I ought about how many of them come from a world of chaos to start their morning. I was just overwhelmed by the projections of what my day might be...some of theses students woke up overwhelmed by what is.

I have friends who really and truly doesn't have a care in the world. They have a great family, are well of, are surrounded by true friends (not just scavenger acquaintances), and have parents that are fairly powerful (as in influential in the community, wealthy,etc...). Their days meet their own struggles, but they carry themselves always with a bit of "I am going to be fine." The reason is obviously because they have a firm hand in their situation to fall back on: metaphorically and literally. So they carry themselves with a sense of pride because of who they belong to.

And then there are those of us who belong tog God-the King. Think about it: they have an earthly father to give them comfort in any situation life throws at them. Those who belong to the resurrection have the Creator of the universe to fall back on...Easier said than done, but walk proudly NO MATTER WHAT confident as the son of a King.

No comments: