Friday, September 10, 2010

The Closer I Get the Less I Know.

I am getting the chance to speak again soon. Since I resigned from student ministry those opportunities have been few and far between. I do not think I am a great speaker, but I enjoy it. I found a great verse of inspiration this week in being a communicator:

For Christ [sent me] to preach the Good News—and not with clever speech, for fear that the cross of Christ would lose its power. (1 Cor 1:17)

That is right up my alley. I usually strive to be clever...to pull student into a Pied-Piper sort of following. But as I have grown closer to God recently I realize I know less of Him than I ever have. And I am comfortable in that. I will be able to know some things, but I want to let God be God, let me be me, and do nothing but share His love. My message for this speaking engagement: LOVE.

I don't want to get in the way of the cross. If Paul can strive for that even though he actually had unbelievable knowledge and experience of God--surly little ol' me can do the same.

No comments: