Thursday, September 16, 2010

What if...

...words were like fossil fuels? Think about this: what if words were limited. If there were an "empty" for words? Like the word totalitarian is probably going to live forever. I don't think people use that word enough for it to be in danger of extinction. But what about words like: I, awesome, friend, bathroom. Words that are used a lot, every day, by everyone, would be nearing extinction. What about the word love. What if one day you open your mouth to tell your wife or husband or child that you love them, but when you get to the word love you hit a brick wall. You try to figure out what to say, but the word love is all used up. It is no longer in existence. How would we say: "I love you." I guess my point is this...In my life I hope that I never rely only on the word of love to show love to the people I love. I hope everyday what I do will speak louder than that simple little word. So, when the word love leaves this world in extinction--the ones that I do love will know it whether I can say love or not. But if we are truthful the people in our life that we really love, really really love: the word love was never sufficient anyways.

1 comment:

GodzDude4Kidz said...

Randy,
I am looking for monologue culture. I believe I met someone with your group (it might have even been you) at orange '09. We are going to do a family retreat and I think I remember that was what MC did. So, Alex Morrison - 979.836.2807 or amorrison@fbc-brenham.org