Friday, September 24, 2010

Like a Child.

Paul talks in Corinthians how the Corinthians should be spoken to as if they were children. I think that he meant that as much in a harsh manner as he did for a learning moment. I am sure if the Corinthians were anything like me they to hear someone tell them to stop acting like a child: in a sense "Grow Up!" But I am sure he was on the graceful side of this as well: in a sense saying--"Stop reading so much into this relationship with God thing. It's so easy. Just love Him unconditionally as he does you." Children don't have the knowledge-base yet to read too much into what people tell them. If you say jump they jump. If you say any double meaning phrase--they won't understand. If you teach them with sarcasm: all they hear is the literal translation. Children are so simple.

Then Jesus said the kingdom of God was for children. And he went on to say that unless we become like these children we cannot enter the kingdom of God.

My point is that there is something to this "child" thing. I know that we have to become like children, but I also know there is so much to learn from a child. I think we all have stories of the simplicity of a child's wisdom cutting us to our core. All I really wanted to say in this tiny blog was that a child has taught me so much recently about God's love. Her name is Hope Abigail Gordon. She is Trisomy 18 baby (which means her life will more than likely end before her 1st birthday). Well against all odds and the prayers of the faithful, this sweet sweet baby is living strong. She is two days old and has already gone through a list of: "I didn't expect her to ________" She has very much been a piece of God's love in this world to me. I am just blown away. Obviously the miracle of her live and endurance under dire conditions is enough to catch a glimpse of God. But you can truly sense His presence just being near her. If you want you can follow our photo blog at www.oliveourmoments.com and keep up with her life. We (my wife and I) have committed to capturing her story every single day in precious stills for her wonderful family. I hope I have bitten off more than I can chew and will spend years seeing her everyday to snap a photo.

No comments: